Become an Authorised Representative
As an Authorised Representative of UIG, your principal business objective is to provide clients with advice on a variety of commercial and retail insurance products and in return build yourself a viable business.
The advantages of becoming a UIG Authorised Representative are many, and UIG provides you with all of the tools that allow you to operate as an independent broker representative. This includes:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance under Steadfast Erato scheme (subject to approval by the Steadfast Erato committee)
- Access to insurer markets with competitive terms
- Client payment, banking and Trust account facilities
- Worldwide access to IBAIS (BA) broking software as well as sunrise exchange and quoting platforms
- Access to a range of information through Steadfast website, incl templates, support services such as policycomparison.com.au
- Full support, templates and audit services to ensure compliance
- Ability to maintain your own business name and profile
- Business development support and access to further markets
- Internal/external networking opportunities
- Commitment to provide opportunities for, or assist with, succession planning.
We expect our AR’s to build and maintain their own client relationships, process all relevant information through the BA system and operate within compliance standards.
Our aim is to provide the right level of support needed for you to succeed in your business, by focussing not just on doing things right but also doing the right thing. In doing so, we are confident we can build on the successful foundation we have established by working with businesses that have a similar focus.
UIG representatives are required to be accredited and fully licensed to deal in all insurance products.
Representatives must as a minimum hold a Diploma of Financial Services (Insurance Broking).
NIBA offers ongoing education courses, covering all aspects of the diploma. For more information visit NIBA website at www.niba.com.au